To create a Manager's ID and to compete an Online Team Registration, go directly to www.usssa.com.
Step 1. Creating a manager's ID
The first thing a manager must do is to create a manager's ID. After you've done this once, you'll never have to do it again, regardless of how many teams you register over the years or even if you register teams in different sports. If you've created a manager's ID in the past and remember what it is, then skip this section. If you've created one, but can't remember the ID and password, click on "Login" at the far right of the top menu bar at www.usssa.com and select "Forgot Username/Password". To create an ID, select to "Create a Manager Account" and follow the instructions. There is no fee to create a manager's ID.
Step 2. Registering a team after creating a manager's ID
New for 2022 Teams
When you register your team for 2022, the first and most important step to creating your team is completing the Team Manager BACKGROUND CHECK. Without it, you will not be able to create a team for 2022. The cost of the background check is $13.50, which is paid directly to the background check company.
It is mandatory to complete this check with USSSA even if you did a background check recently with your employer, another company, association, or organization.
NOTE: You may have to Click CREATE NEW TEAM or REGISTER EXISTING TEAM FOR NEW SEASON (goes to same page) to see REQUEST BACKGROUND CHECK.
It is a simple process. Request the Background Check on your Team Page then look for an email with a unique link to the questionnaire. It takes just a few minutes to complete the background questionnaire. It typically takes 2-5 business days to get clearance.
Then you can CREATE YOUR TEAM.
- Go to "LogIn" (far right link on the top menu bar). Enter your manager ID and password.
- Select "Create a New Team" OR “Resanction an Existing team” and follow the instructions.
- Go to "Register / Create Fast Pitch Team"
- A couple of reminders for "Team Name":
- Use standard case, neither all upper nor all lower (eg, type as Hometown Heroes). Please check to make sure that you've spelled your team name correctly before you submit it. The system does not allow a manager to change the spelling of a team once it's been submitted.
- There can only be one name per team. So if you're part of an organization that has teams with the same name in several age brackets, distinguish your team as Hometown Heroes 12U.
- If your organization has more than one team in an age bracket, then enter the name as Hometown Heroes 16U xxxxx, where xxxxx is some distinguishing word like a color or the manager's name.
- Remember softball says 14U, soccer says U14.
- Do not list your age bracket first. In other words, submit Hometown Heroes 14U, NOT 14U Hometown Heroes.
- Team city and state is where the team in principally domiciled, which in most cases is the address of the manager. However, if the manager lives in a different state than where the team should be registered, a city and state should be used that is more indicative of where the team is from.
- Choose what class that you think best represents your team's status. Keep in mind that as the season progresses USSSA reserves the right to change any team's classification. There is no hard and fast rules that define what each class represents, but here are some guidelines:
- If your team can hold their own with - and occasionally beat - the better teams in your state, then you should consider yourself an "A" team.
- If you're a newly formed team that plans on playing in a number of competitive tournaments or an existing team that consistently finishes in the middle or at the bottom of the pack in most tournaments, then you're more of a "B" team.
- NOTE: When teams register they need to choose their classification as either A or B. Teams wishing to register as C, need to register as B then contact Carrie Lyons at email@example.com requesting to be reclassed to C.
Step 3. Paying for your team registration
The next step is to pay for your team registration. Team registration is $50 online, which includes USA Elite Select. As a USA Elite Select team, you can participate in USA Elite Select events in your home state or across the country. Once you complete the online payment, the system will automatically assign and email you your registration number instantly. At that point you're all set to purchase insurance, enter tournaments, enter your players onto your online roster, etc.